Monday, 31 August 2015
Sunday, 30 August 2015
Data source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
Friday, 28 August 2015
- Not only is there less daylight, but also it is much more cloudy in winter. Thus sunny less than 20% of the time!
- The spring and summer is quite nice though - sunshine around 50% of the time.
- For comparison, the south cost of Spain has around 60-70% of sunshine (most in summer).
Data sources: http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/climate, http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate
Saturday, 22 August 2015
Friday, 21 August 2015
- Youth and females have greater flexibility than elders and males (perhaps obvious).
- For my group (33-year-old males) the 50-50 point by coincidence is '0 cm', i.e. touching one's toes. Meaning that about half cannot reach their toes (although 80% of young girls can!).
- As for my own story, I used to be 13 cms short of my toes. This meant that I was at about the 20% mark (4 out of 5 men could reach further than I could). BUT NOW, after weeks of exercise, I can exceed my toes by 7 cms - this means that I am over the 60% mark and only 2 out of 5 men can reach further than I can!
Data source: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/SitReach.html
Image source: http://oncourt.ca/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/1.jpg