I recently came across these that I made last Christmas. It's one way to pass time in an airport...
Tuesday, 1 September 2015
Monday, 31 August 2015
Naturally there are simplifications to keep the map readable. But I'd be happy to hear about any key things to add to or remove from the map. I assume I'll make another version...
Sunday, 30 August 2015
Data source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
Friday, 28 August 2015
- Not only is there less daylight, but also it is much more cloudy in winter. Thus sunny less than 20% of the time!
- The spring and summer is quite nice though - sunshine around 50% of the time.
- For comparison, the south cost of Spain has around 60-70% of sunshine (most in summer).
Data sources: http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/climate, http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate
Saturday, 22 August 2015
Friday, 21 August 2015
- Youth and females have greater flexibility than elders and males (perhaps obvious).
- For my group (33-year-old males) the 50-50 point by coincidence is '0 cm', i.e. touching one's toes. Meaning that about half cannot reach their toes (although 80% of young girls can!).
- As for my own story, I used to be 13 cms short of my toes. This meant that I was at about the 20% mark (4 out of 5 men could reach further than I could). BUT NOW, after weeks of exercise, I can exceed my toes by 7 cms - this means that I am over the 60% mark and only 2 out of 5 men can reach further than I can!
Data source: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/SitReach.html
Image source: http://oncourt.ca/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/1.jpg